Hey everyone, I am finally back on my blog today and I am sharing a project I created for a Christmas card series over on my YouTube channel. Today is project #9 and I created this project using the Dashing Deer stamp and die set from My Favorite Things (one of my favorite companies). I love the images in this little set so much! This was purchased from Scrapbook Nerd online store.
To create this card, I added some Distress Oxide ink in Antique Linen to the A2 card base which is Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock. I love this paper so much and the ink just blends so nicely. I stamped out my images using my Misti tool and some Versafine ink in Onyx Black onto some Neenah Desert Storm cardstock. Then I colored my images using some Faber Castell Polychromos. I chose these colored pencils because I just recently purchased them and was really excited to take them for a spin. Prismacolors would work just fine as well.
Once I finished the coloring, I die cut my little critters and added them to my card base, which I had previously embellished with a snow drift, some birch trees and a silver glittery frame. Then I just added some details with Wink of Stella, Nuvo drops and a sentiment. I have inlcuded a link to the process video and a list of supplies.
Here is a list of the supplies I used:
- Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock (Neenah is great too Neenah Paper – Classic Crest Solar White 80 lbs – 20 pack)
- MFT Dashing Deer stamp and die set (Scrapbooknerd.com)
- Distress Oxide Ink Anitque Linen (Scrapbooknerd.com)
- Clear Wink of Stella (Scrapbooknerd.com)
- White glossy Nuvo Crystal Drops (Scrapbooknerd.com)
- MFT Stitched Sentiment Strips Dienamics
- MFT Rectangle Scalloped Frame Dienamics
- Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders dies (Scrapbooknerd.com)
- Stickles: Diamond and Christmas Red (Nuvo glitter drops are great too http://scrapbooknerd.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=5984)
- colored pencils (I used Polychromos, but Prismacolor are great too)
- Mama Elephant Birch Trees dies
- white gel pen (Uni-ball – Signo – Gel Pen – White)
Thanks for stopping by!!